Contract position responsible for providing high quality dental care for Western Sierra Dental Clinic patients with the goal of patient learning to prevent dental disease.
GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Practice general dentistry including:
a) Preventative Care
c) Oral Surgery
2. Complete treatment plans for all patients examined.
3. Maintain records of treatments.
4. Patient and community education.
5. Develop and implement infection control procedures.
6. Supervise Registered Dental Assistant and provide direction to Dental Receptionist.
7. Maintain current CPR requirements.
8. Documents all pertinent information in patient’s electronic medical record according to Western Sierra Medical Clinic's Policies and Procedures.
9. Upholds Western Sierra Medical Clinic's Policies and Procedures, infection control standards, applicable state, federal and local laws.
10. Quality Improvement Duties: a) Participates in quality improvement activities; b) Participates as assigned in interdepartmental quality improvement team efforts; and c) Contributes to overall Community Health Center efforts in quality improvement towards higher-quality, more cost-effective health care for patients and improved quality of work-life for staff members.
11. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Valid license to practice dentistry in State of California
2. Ability to perform dentistry on all age groups
3. Knowledge of current infection control requirements
4. Additional Preferred Experience: a. Familiarity with an electronic practice management system. b. Computer literate (i.e. logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel). c. Ability to type 40 wpm.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic provides comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health care in Nevada, Placer, Sierra and Yuba counties. Western Sierra, the largest outpatient health provider in the community, has a direct health care connection to an estimated 20,000 residents — or about one of every four residents in the region.