Under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer or designee, provide high quality medical care and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver comprehensive primary, preventive, chronic and urgent care to NAHC’s members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide primary care to members, including histories, exams, lab tests, prescriptions and referrals within prescribed up to date guidelines and protocols.
2. Perform accurate and timely documentation of histories, subjective findings, physical exam, plans, prescriptions and follow up in Electronic Health Records System within 72 hours of the visit.
3. Provide members information concerning their evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Engage members in participation and decision involving their healthcare.
4. Adhere to medical visit model of NAHC; managing huddles, proactive in teaching MA’s, seeing members on time, communicating with supervisors any barriers to this. Actively participate and be engaged in quality improvement for clinic efficiencies and improving member quality of care.
5. Timely coordination of care among internal and external ancillary providers and hospitals to provide high quality care between departments and facilities.
6. Function within an interdisciplinary team and participate in interdisciplinary activities such as panel management and case conferences.
7. Report births, deaths, and outbreaks of diseases to proper authorities.
8. Participate in the integrative model of providing medicine. This includes referring members and co-managing members with Nutritionists, LCSWs, etc.
9. Ensure completion of medication refills, provider approval queue, inbox items, medical record approval and member forms within five (5) working days.
10. Be an active educator of medical team members, including Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Medical Assistants, Nurses, and other integrative services team members.
11. Facilitate group interventions around site-driven topic areas in order to build capacity (i.e. obesity interventions, LGBTQ youth, etc.) as needed.
12. School Based Health Centers: If assigned to school based clinics the following duties apply. a. Conduct classroom and community presentations on a variety of health topics as part of outreach efforts to expand clinic services. b. Provide case management and PCP communication for students who have chronic health issues who are outside our health network. c. Communicate with parents at the middle school level regarding their child's non-confidential health issues and provide instructions for care. d. Develop conference abstracts and proposals and present best practices at local, state and national SBHC conferences as requested. e. Support Seven Directions clinic with special projects as assigned.
13. Implement quality improvement initiatives and track outcomes to improve services.
14. Attend regularly scheduled site meetings with clinic and school staff to coordinate screenings and activities.
15. Work closely with BH site counselor, dentist and health educator to insure integrated, seamless services for identified youth.
16. Actively participate in creating solutions to increase access and build sustainability.
17. Work collaboratively with, and support the activities of the clinical data team, ensuring optimal accuracy and performance on clinical outcome measures.
18. Quality Improvement: Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards, when assigned.
19. Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
20. Member Care: Demonstrate understanding and apply working knowledge of safety policies and ensuring safe member practices.
21. Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
22. Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
23. Works extremely well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
24. At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
25. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Scope of Work
1. Be able to see between 16-22 members per day, and complete accurate documentation within 72 hours of visit into the electronic health record (EHR) system.
2. Be able to complete medical refills, member approval queue, inbox, medical records approval and member forms within five (5) working days.
3. To work as medical team assisting other providers in completing their responsibilities as necessary, e.g., seeing members, processing refills, clearing member approval queue, and provider inbox.
4. Effectively manage a member panel up to the goal set by the organization.
5. Display the highest level of professionalism, integrity and a strong work ethic, serving as a model for all clinic staff.
6. Maintain requirements of licensure, DEA certification and board certification if hired as board certified. Fulfill and maintain requirements for credentialing, privileging internally at NAHC and externally with payers and regulatory bodies.
7. Provide comprehensive, high quality medical services to members, regardless of age, sex, gender identification, income, national origin or language.
8. Consider individuals’ cultural, psychological, social and environmental factors in creating treatment/care plans.
9. Actively participate in meetings as assigned by direct supervisor.
10. Participate in trainings of other medical personnel as requested.
11. Participate in Saturday clinics, after-hour clinics and on-call duties, on a rotating basis, as requested by Supervisor.
1. Current RN License, FNP certificate and furnishing number.
2. Current CPR certification.
3. Current DEA license.
4. One (1) year of experience working within a community clinic.
5. Excellent communication and written skills.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
7. Ability to work well under pressure, analyze and evaluate individual member’s needs, reach sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
8. Must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task effectively.
9. Previous experience with an Electronic Health Records (EHR) system and working in an EHR environment is desired.
10. Commitment to Native American Health Center’s values and mission.
11. Must have ability to relate and communicate effectively with community interest groups, agencies, and medical facilities that serve the American Indian community.
12. Work extremely well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
13. Must be able to meet set priorities as directed by supervisor.
14. Must be detail oriented and a team player.
15. Sense of humor is a plus.
1. Three (3) years of experience working with a community clinic is highly desirable.
2. Excellent communication and written skills.
3. Established leadership skills.
4. Bilingual in Spanish.
5. Experience with NextGen EHR sytem is strongly desired.
Internal Number: SBHC NP
About Native American Health Center
Native American Health Center's mission is to provide comprehensive services to improve the health and well-being of American Indians, Alaska Natives, and residents of the surrounding communities, with respect for cultural and linguistic differences.Clinical Facilities in San Francisco and OaklandOur clinical facilities provide a full range of community health care and prevention services including primary medical care, comprehensive dental care, family guidance counseling, HIV prevention and AIDS treatment, youth services, women, infants and children's health, and general nutrition and fitness. Native American Health Center also maintains a satellite clinic at Alameda Point, a school-based clinic in Alameda and the Healthy Nations Wellness Center.